2018 Board Elections
2018 board elections have closed. Results will be posted soon!
The Election Process
- Ballots with statements from qualified candidates were emailed to all eligible NAMA members on July 5, 2018. Any member without an email address received a paper ballot.
- Completion of voting was accomplished online by Friday, August 10, 2018, at 11:59 PM or received via ground mail no later than the same at the NAMA corporate office address: 8605 Santa Monica Blvd #46789, Los Angeles, CA 90069-4109.
- Voting instructions were provided by email or paper ballot sent to all members eligible to vote in the 2018 Election.
- The Elections Committee counted the ballots August 11-13, 2018
- Results of the elections will be confirmed at the meeting of the board on Wednesday, August 15, 2018, and elected candidates will be notified by August 15, 2018.
- The results will be published to the membership in the next edition of the ENEWS email.
- Newly elected board members will take office on November1, 2018.
Current Board Member Terms
Each Director serves a term of three years, unless appointed. For 2018, four positions for a three-year term are up for election this year.
Directors whose terms are ending October 31, 2018:
- Suhas G. Kshirsagar, AD - Professional Member
- Margrit Mikulis, AD - Professional Member
- Wynn Werner - General Member
Directors continuing for one more year:
- William Dean, AD - Professional Member
- Eric Grasser, MD - Professional Member
- Jayarajan Kodikannath, AD - Professional Member
- Alakananda Ma, AD - Professional Member
Directors continuing for two more years:
- Dhaval Dhru, AD - Professional Member
- Amish Shah - General Member
- Raja Shivamani, MD - General Member
- Anupama Kizhakkeveettil , AD - Professional Member
The Elections Committee Process
The 2018 Elections Committee will verify the credentials of all candidates and present those who are qualified first to the Ethics Committee for vetting, and then to the board for placement on the ballot. If more than four candidates appear on the election ballot, the four with the highest number of votes will be elected for three-year terms.
As per NAMA by-laws, the voting process currently consists of ballots made available to each NAMA member of record in good standing as of June 1st, 2018. Each member may cast up to four votes but may vote for any single nominee only once. A minimum of 25% of the membership must vote for the election to be considered legal. Members with no email address will receive a paper ballot.
Thank you for your participation!