NAMA Continuing Education
In 2015, NAMA introduced the Professional Ayurvedic Continuing Education (PACE) initiative as a part of our association’s ongoing work to ensure the professional growth and success of Ayurveda in the United States. NAMA professional members agree to obtain continuing education credits in order to deepen their knowledge and keep their skills current. Below are the required credits for each professional membership category.
All Professional Members are on the same PACE 2-year cycle, regardless of when they joined and/or renewed their membership. The current 2018-2019 PACE cycle runs from January 1, 2018 - December 31, 2019
How Do Members Obtain PACE Credits?
NAMA has come up with 6 easy ways for our members to obtain PACE Credits.
NAMA Ethics Quiz: NAMA requires each practitioner to take the NAMA ethics quiz every 2 years. This quiz counts for 2 Pace Credits. Passing score of 80% is required.
Free Seminars in Ayurveda: NAMA offers its members free seminars in Ayurveda each month. These classes are archived and available to members at any point.
NAMA PACE Listings: Earn credit for completing recommended PACE listings offered directly by NAMA PACE Providers.
Non-Listed Topics in Ayurveda Courses: Earn credits for completing any non-listed course in Ayurveda, such as practice management, client support, therapies, cooking, research, etc.
Non-Listed Topics in Wellness Courses: Earn up to 30% of required credits for completing non-listed course in topics outside Ayurveda, such as yoga, Western Herbalism, Chinese Medicine, CPR, etc.
Ayurvedic Teacher: You may earn up to 15 PACE credits for teaching professional programs. Basic "Introduction to Ayurveda" type of courses for the general public do NOT count for teaching credit.
How to Track Your Credits
Note: Don't worry if you see credits for other professional member levels. Credits for your level (e.g. Ayurvedic Health Counselor) are the only ones relevant to you.
Become a PACE Provider
Are you an experienced trainer and educator offering workshops, seminars and courses for Ayurveda professionals? Become a PACE Provider to publicize your courses to NAMA Professional Members.
All NAMA PACE Providers must:
- Be either a current/active NAMA Professional Member OR Organizational (Educational) Member.
- Submit the annual $108 fee.
- Have at least three years of experience as an Ayurvedic professional, regardless of years of NAMA Professional Membership.
- Submit their continuing education programs for review and PACE listing.
- The continuing education program must include content that is more advanced than the educational content required for the Ayurvedic Health Counselor level of NAMA Professional Membership.
- There is no individual fee charged for each program submitted, and there is no limit on the number of programs that may be submitted for review and listing.
- In order to ensure that NAMA members can earn credit for any/all PACE Programs, NAMA will only approve programs that provide a letter/certificate of completion/attendance to attendees. If a NAMA PACE Provider does not provide a letter/certificate of completion/attendance to their attendees, then the program will not be approved for PACE.
For Currently Approved PACE Providers
To access the latest resources for currently approved PACE Providers, please use the following link to login to your PACE Provider group page